What makes Tortoise Pads different?
- Minimal spacing between pads.
- Maximum coverage of key areas.
- Pad shapes and placement that allow the user full range of motion.
- Multi-layer design for increased pad flexibility.
- Multi-density foam layers for greater protection while reducing overall pad thickness.
- And, they are made by a company that cares deeply about making the highest quality product possible.
Impact Protection Padded Shorts
Designed and Manufactured in Southern California
Tortoise Pads® are proudly made in the U.S.A.
We hope you enjoy wearing them as much as we enjoy making them.
Welcome to the official site for Tortoise Pads®! Our innovative technology provides you with impact protection padded shorts for action sports that you’ve been waiting for. Skateboarders, BMX riders, scooter riders, snowboarders and many more athletes love this product, and we’re sure you will too. Please check out our Instagram and Facebook pages for more pictures of riders.
“These pads are perfect for snowboarding. I’m finally off the bunny hills but I still crash on my butt every run when I push myself. There’s no way I could’ve progressed so quickly without these pads and I won’t go without them. The thing that I found that differentiates Tortoise Pads is that they’re the only pads that have full butt protection. As for the overall performance of the pads, these guys nailed it! I’ve been crashing in these things every way possible for the past 2 months and I haven’t even had a slight bruise, I really can’t think of any improvements.” – Jeff Beck
T2 High Impact Protection Padded Shorts with Multi-Layer/Multi-Density Pads
$62.95 – $94.95
- The best protection in the industry – for skateboarding, inline skating, derby, snowboarding, scooters, and BMX.
- T2 pads cover more of your hips and butt – and with longer-lasting pads – than any other impact shorts.
- Firmer Foam For More Aggressive Applications
- Pads Thickness: Adult sizes come with 1/2″ thick glute and leg pads and 5/8″ thick tailbone and hip pads which can be reduced to 1/2″ thick. Youth Small, Y-M and Y-L sizes come with 1/2″ thick pads. Youth X-Small comes with 3/8″ thick glute, hip and leg pads and a 1/2″ thick tailbone pad.
- Flexible Multi-Layer Design
- Multi-Density Protection
- Breathable Power Mesh Spandex Shorts
- Pad Pockets Made With Max-Dri Moisture Management Anti-Microbial Fabric
- 7 Pad Protection System
- Need to figure out your size? Check out our T2 Sizing Chart
This product comes packaged with 7 sets of multi-layer pads. For more protection use our 1/4″ (6.3 mm) Add-Ons to create thicker pads.
* FOAM CONFIGURATION & COLORS MAY VARY FROM PICTURES
Check your sizing before you order
Multiple Layers of Protection
Our T2 impact protection shorts contain a uniquely engineered multi-density high impact EVA foam configuration which gives greater protection while minimizing foam thickness. The denser layers of foam dissipate and absorb more of the impact’s energy. The softer layers provide cushioning as well as additional protection between you and the ground. The combination of the two results in a pad that will take a bigger impact and will help reduce the number of injuries you might get from falling.
Foam configuration & colors may vary from picture
Flexible Multi-Layer Design
Our multiple layer design and durable spandex pockets allow our foam to constantly reshape, creating pads that move the way you do.
T2 Impact Protection Shorts – Ergonomic Mobility and Comfort
We have engineered and crafted our impact protection shorts with the perfect spacing to allow for a complete range of motion. The design minimizes the gaps between pads while providing maximum coverage. All seven pads are made with flexible independent layers. This produces a contoured fit that keeps the pads right where you need them to be, while maintaining the cushioning you need to protect yourself.
Articulated Hip Protection System
The combined hip pad and upper leg pad allows total leg movement while covering a large area around the hip joint and the upper leg. The two pads interlock when falling with a straight leg to create one long pad. If you fall with a bent leg the lower pad wraps around the front of the hip pad creating an “L” shaped pad. Both configurations provide maximum coverage of the hip and upper leg area.
Breathable Mesh Shorts with Max-Dri Moisture Management Anti-Microbial Pockets
Tortoise Pads® impact protection shorts are made from a durable Nylon-Spandex power mesh fabric that maximizes airflow and provides great breathability. The Poly-Spandex pockets have MAX-DRI Moisture Management Technology with MicroBlok Anti-Microbial treatment. The MAX-DRI technology has enhanced fibers with excellent wicking capabilities that pull moisture away from both your skin and the power mesh shorts. This fabric will aid in the evaporation and cooling process and will help keep you dry and comfortable in hot conditions. The MicroBlok Anti-Microbial finish inhibits the growth of bacteria and helps prevents odor.
Adult Large, Adult Medium, Adult Small, Adult X-Large, Adult XX-Large, Youth Large, Youth Medium, Youth Small, Youth X-Small